views

Friday, August 14, 2009

Brough Superior

I've always been attracted towards Brough Superior motorcycles. The funny thing is that I found them attractive even before knowing the details that really make them attractive (the Rolls Royce of motorcycles, Lawrence of Arabia, 100+ mph straight from the factory). What I found attractive was the non-Harley-looking v-twin and that double fishtail exhaust combination. I now know what was happening. I was secretly coveting without knowing it, a Royal Enfield sports v-twin and its "idea of distinction" Brough Superior stopped making motorcycles in 1940, but continued producing parts. But thanks to a British gentlemen that set up a motorcycle operation in Austria the marque is being relaunching motorcycle production in the Pebble Beach Concours this weekend. Good luck to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Motor Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory