views

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Toolbox

Even though I've owned a Royal Enfield for a few years now, it took reading David Blasco's blog to learn that Royal Enfields come with a set of tools neatly tucked in a tool bag. I bought my bike after it had been wrecked by the previous owner and the toolboxes were deformed and open when it arrived (it wasn't bad, and easily fixed) but there were no tools in sight. After riding for a while it became clear that it would be prudent to pack some tools, so I did so, but the tools rattled inside the toolbox. I fixed the problem by including a piece of sponge in the toolbox to keep the tools under pressure. Nothing new under the sun as can be seen in this article from the 1920's,

1 comment:

  1. The sponge is clever, simple (and inexpensive) and no doubt eliminates the need for careful repacking of tools. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Motor Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory